|Because all licenses are portioned, monthly license updates are going to be required to keep DirectAdmin running.|
If this process isn't working, we can manually run the update to see why it's not working.
1) If the cron is runnning (update is being attempted), but is failing, you should be getting a notice in the Message System with this subject:
*** An error has occurred while trying to update the license file ***If you are not getting such a notice every day, then it's possible that the DA crontab is not working.
Use this guide to debug it:
If you are getting the message, thee should be an error to go with it.
2) You can manually test the functioned used for the automated update of the license.
To do this, run:
Check the log for any errors that might not have been given to you in the Message System
tail -n 10 /var/log/directadmin/errortaskq.log
3) If you're running on a LAN, you'll need to ensure you've set the lan_ip option in your directadmin.conf.
For example, if your LAN IP is , which is used to make outbound connections for your external/license IP, then you would set:
lan_ip=192.168.1.2in your directadmin.conf, and try #2 again.
4) If it's all still failing, try testing with wget to see if it's perhaps an issue with the DA binaries themselves, or some other setting.
Try specifying various local IPs from the /sbin/ifconfig output, and also skipping the 3rd option of getLicense.sh (leave out the IP).
5) Also manually test these various local IPs with the myip.directadmin.com response to make sure the IP you're binding to actually connects to the correct outbound IP:
6) At this point, if it's still not figured out, you can contact DirectAdmin Support for assistance.
It's very rare that it cannot be figured out, but if not, the last resort is setup another cronjob for monthly calls to getLicense.sh:
which you're welcome to do if the getLicense.sh works.
|Updating your DirectAdmin License manually|
|The task.queue is not being processed|
|I need to automate the updating of my license file in ssh|
|What IP does my system use for outbound connections?|
© 2018 JBMC Software, Suite 173 3-11 Bellerose Drive, St Albert, AB T8N 1P7 Canada. Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM MST