|If, during the install of DA, you get the following error:|
--2011-11-22 10:12:06-- (try:11) https://www.directadmin.com/
1) If you've successfully downloaded the setup.sh from www.directadmin.com, then it would imply that our firewall is not blocking you, as if we block an IP, we block the IP on all ports. To test this, try:
wget -O /dev/null http://www.directadmin.com/index.html
wget -O /dev/null http://www.apple.com/index.html
2) If you cannot connect outbound to any server on port 443, then it's likely a firewall on your end. Try:
3) If apple.com works, but directadmin.com does not (with the above guide), then contact us to see if your IP is in our firewall. It's also possible it's blocked at our datacenter, in which case you'd need to contact them to get it unblocked. However, if it's blocked at our datacenter, then there would be a reason for that, so you'd need to convince them that whatever reason it was blocked in the first place, no longer applies. (you might just be part of an entire IP range block, so don't take it personally)
4) Sometimes a datacenter will block your outbound port 443. We have a work-around to allow the getLicense to download the license using port 80. To enable this mode, type:
echo 1 > /root/.insecure_downloadand run the getLicense.sh script again.
5) Removed N/A.
6) The last possibility is that you're running on a LAN instead of the required external IP. Use the LAN guide:
7) Other related guides:
|Updating DirectAdmin Manually|
|Updating your DirectAdmin License manually|
|Connecting to www.directadmin.com[188.8.131.52]:443... failed: Cannot assign requested address.|
© 2018 JBMC Software, Suite 173 3-11 Bellerose Drive, St Albert, AB T8N 1P7 Canada. Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM MST