|If you are unable to access your server via http://220.127.116.11:2222, then 1 of 3 things is likely happening:|
1. DirectAdmin might not be running or
2. You have a firewall blocking port 2222.
Number 2 is easy to check by simply running (only on redhat systems):
/sbin/service iptables stop
If that didn't fix it, then you'd need to check your /var/log/directadmin/error.log to check for any errors as to why it isn't starting:
tail /var/log/directadmin/error.logCommon problems are:
3. Incorrect ethernet_dev set in the /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf file. guide
4. Invalid license, either due to wrong uid/lid, IP, or date. Try: Updating your DirectAdmin License manually
5. Your IP is blacklisted in /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ip_blacklist. This is controlled by the "brute force login detection" in Admin Settings. Use a setting no lower than 10, since even loading the login page counts as 1 failed attempt.
6. Binaries for a different operating system. Related
You can always try running DirectAdmin by hand (if it's not already running) to see what the problem is.
7. If DirectAdmin is running, is bound to port 2222, but doesn't respond on "127.0.0.1", but does respond on "::1", then it's an IPv6 issue. This guide would be related.
|error with wget: use `--no-check-certificate` for licenses/updates|
|The ip of this machine () does not match the ip in the license file|
|I can't login to DirectAdmin. The login page just refreshes without any errors.|
|My system is saving passwords in SHA-512 and DirectAdmin can't read them. I need MD5|
|I get "Your IP is blacklisted" when I try to login|
|Which OS am I using?|
© 2003 JBMC Software, Suite 173 3-11 Bellerose Drive, St Albert, AB T8N 1P7 Canada. Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM MST